eDiscovery Trends: Need to Catch Up on Trends Over the Last Six Weeks? Take a Time Capsule.
July 23, 2012
I try to set aside some time over the weekend to catch up on my reading and keep abreast of developments in the industry and although that’s sometimes that’s easier said than done, I stumbled across an interesting compilation of legal technology information from my friend Christy Burke and her team at Burke & Company. On Friday, Burke & Company released The Legal Technology Observer (LTO) Time Capsule on Legal IT Professionals. LTO was a 6 week concentrated collection of essays, articles, surveys and blog posts providing expert practical knowledge about legal technology, eDiscovery, and social media for legal professionals.
The content has been formatted into a PDF version and is available for free download here. As noted in their press release, Burke & Company's bloggers, including Christy, Melissa DiMercurio, Ada Spahija and Taylor Gould, as well as many distinguished guest contributors, set out to examine the trends, topics and perspectives that are driving today's legal technology world for 6 weeks from June 6 to July 12. They did so with help of many of the industry's most respected experts and LTO acquired more than 21,000 readers in just 6 weeks. Nice job!
The LTO Time Capsule covers a wide range of topics related to legal technology. There were several topics that have impact to eDiscovery, some of which included thought leaders previously interviewed on this blog (links to their our previous interviews with them below), including:
- The EDRM Speaks My Language: Written by - Ada Spahija, Communications Specialist at Burke and Company LLC; Featuring - Experts George Socha and Tom Gelbmann.
- Learning to Speak EDRM: Written by - Ada Spahija, Communications Specialist at Burke and Company LLC; Featuring - Experts George Socha and Tom Gelbmann.
- Predictive Coding: Dozens of Names, No Definition, Lots of Controversy: Written by - Sharon D. Nelson, Esq. and John W. Simek.
- Social Media 101 for Law Firms – Don’t Get Left Behind: Written by - Ada Spahija, Communications Specialist at Burke and Company LLC; Featuring - Kerry Scott Boll of JustEngage.
- Results of Social Media 101 Snap-Poll: Written by - Ada Spahija, Communications Specialist at Burke and Company LLC.
- Getting up to Speed with eDiscovery: Written by - Taylor Gould, Communications Intern at Burke and Company LLC; Featuring - Browning Marean, Senior Counsel at DLA Piper, San Diego.
- LTO Interviews Craig Ball to Examine the Power of Computer Forensics: Written by - Melissa DiMercurio, Account Executive at Burke and Company LLC; Featuring - Expert Craig Ball, Trial Lawyer and Certified Computer Forensic Examiner.
- LTO Asks Bob Ambrogi How a Lawyer Can Become a Legal Technology Expert: Written by - Melissa DiMercurio, Account Exectuive at Burke and Company LLC; Featuring - Bob Ambrogi, Practicing Lawyer, Writer and Media Consultant.
- LTO Interviews Jeff Brandt about the Mysterious Cloud Computing Craze: Written by - Taylor Gould, Communications Intern at Burke and Company LLC; Featuring - Jeff Brandt, Editor of PinHawk Law Technology Daily Digest.
- Legal Technology Observer eDiscovery in America – A Legend in the Making: Written by - Christy Burke, President of Burke and Company LLC; Featuring - Barry Murphy, Analyst with the eDJ Group and Contributor to eDiscoveryJournal.com.
- IT-Lex and the Sedona Conference® Provide Real Help to Learn eDiscovery and Technology Law: Written by - Christy Burke, President of Burke and Company LLC.
These are just some of the topics, particularly those that have an impact on eDiscovery. To check out the entire list of articles, click here to download the report.
So, what do you think? Do you need a quick resource to catch up on your reading? Please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by CloudNine Discovery. eDiscoveryDaily is made available by CloudNine Discovery solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscoveryDaily should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.